Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Thousand Words...

When we were at the end of the preschool year , I remember feeling nervous of the prospect of no schedule to keep us moving throughout the week; and now with school starting again tomorrow morning, I am feeling equally nervous of regaining that structure in our lives. I have endlessly enjoyed this summer with my boys... I think that it was the best summer of my life... We spent our days just as I hoped that we would... amongst family and friends, the land and the sea and most importantly amongst one another... I don't think that summer could have come at a better time for any of us... Sebastian and Brooklyn had a wonderful opportunity to bond over long hot afternoons spent laughing and loving one another.  In three months time, so many things have changed...
If I am not mistaken, when the summer began, Brooklyn had just received his first tooth, now three months later he has five beautiful little teeth!  He is crawling and "cruising" around like an old pro... walking is inevitably going to be a pre-birthday gift for us all! 
Sebastian has learned how to swim without any floating devices and also is reading small books...sweetly sounding out his way though the pages and victoriously finding his way  to "the end!"  Sebastian has become more vocal, now expressing his feelings and emotions; which I find to be so honest and refreshing.  He will say the most precious things like"Papa, I love you more than anything, more and more and more... the mostest in the world!"  (Heart Melting)  
I have also had the unique opportunity to become friends with a wonderful group of ladies this summer... The mothers of some of Sebastian's friends are turning out to be wonderful friends to myself as well... I have thoroughly enjoyed spending days with them, in their homes, on the beach, at the park and places in between... Amazing what blessings can come your way when you make yourself available to receiving them...  The friendships I share with these women are inspirational and lead me in the direction of higher motherhood; a strive to be a better mother for my boys tomorrow than I was today... Each day  better than the last... is that possible? 
And so three months have flown by and school is starting again tomorrow morning.  Backpack is ready, snack packed as well... Fresh flowers for his new teacher are waiting in the refrigerator, clothes have been chosen for the wearing.... Books have been read, a new school year calender hung in his room... Teeth brushed and prayers said... Before I turned out Sebastian's light tonight, I took a moment to reflect with him, about our summer;what we had done and where we had gone... I asked him for his most favorite summer memory, and he sleepily said "the ice cream..." I told him that my favorite memory was of  the days that we spent together at the beach, he and his brother... sandy and sticky, wild and free... but that yes he was right, the ice cream was wonderful as well... 

No comments: