Sunday, July 13, 2008

Puppy Love



Months ago I came across instructions on how to make this darling little puppy dog...constructed out of a pair of gloves, some serious hand stitching and a ton of heart filled thought, and I knew that it was something that I wanted to make for my boys...  I followed the directions, and sure enough this little guy came to be!  This was a long project, it took over two hours to complete this hand held friend, because of all of the hand stitching and loving hand embroidery...  I took these few hours as an opportunity to reflect upon my children and the joy that they bring to my life on a day to day basis... Their smiles, the sound of them laughing...  I imagined the look of Sebastian's face when I would give him this hand sewn token of my affection... He loved it; and I have loved watching this little puppy dog show up in the sweetest of places... including atop his pillow almost every night.  The puppy isn't perfect as you can see, he has already lost one of his button eyes, although I love him, and I think that Sebastian loves him as well...

No comments: