Sunday, July 13, 2008

Homemade Goodness...

This weekend I had the chance to whip together some homemade organic goodness for my own sweet potato... I started by looking online for different recommendations and flavor combinations that are appropriate for Brooklyn's age... Then it was off to the local produce store where there is a vast assortment of local,organic fruits and veggies!  Back at home I found myself steaming, baking and blending, all the while  imagining  the healthy yummyness that I was going to give to our son!  I loved this experience, cooking for my baby and knowing exactly what was going into every bite that he takes... I made a few different "second" foods for him, including an apple-pear puree and some "nibblets";steamed carrots and chalets... Brooklyn, my sweet little baby bird with his mouth wide open, loved his Momma's food!  What a success!  I think that I am on to something here... this is just the beginning of this new venture! So add organic baby food extraordinaire to my resume and wish me luck...

No comments: