Wednesday, January 19, 2011

wired button decorations




When I came across the little project, I thought it looked perfect for a few Valentines Day gifts.


(materials and equipment)

glass jars
wire
wire cutters
buttons


simply string the buttons onto the wire and

 wrap around the neck of the jar to create a

unique, beautiful display.



For the button hearts, select buttons that are roughly the same in size.  

Cut a length of wire and string it through them.

Bend the wire into a heart shape, twist the ends together 

at the bottom, and hide them behind the buttons.




To add a handle (to your button heart)

Cut another piece of wire.

Attach the ends to the peaks of the heart,

twisting the ends to secure.







(enjoy!)

P.S. My version of  The Homemade Home's ribbon pulls 

was featured this morning on Ohdeedoh.

(biggggggg smile.)

6 comments:

Farmhouse Fixers said...

Where or wear did you get this book?! I love it! Well, I love all your creations!

Brittany said...

I think I just may have to try out some of these button decorations. I think they'll also make cute hangers for the canvases I paint. :) I sooo need to buy this book!

Brittany said...

back again! i made some of the button decorations for myself. :) i'll post them on my blog :)

www.brittanythinkitover.blogspot.com

thank you again for sharing! this is such a fun little project!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I just saw your little hearts featured at the Weekend Wrap Up and had to stop by and tell you how sweet they are. I love button crafts and will definitely try this out.

Amanda said...

Love this, your photos are gorgeous. I've scheduled it to be featured on Craft Gossip this afternoon so my readers can come and see! :)

Thanks for inspiration!

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here:
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Anonymous said...

Such pretty photos and projects!!