Thursday, September 30, 2010

Kindness.

I'm quite a lucky girl. 
I'm shown kindness on a daily basis.
 Sometimes rather unexpected.
(That's my most favorite type.)

Thank you Christina for your amazing surprise.
I love every little piece of your magic.
 Thank you Kelly for this beautiful gesture and your thoughtfulness. (I love you)
 Thank you Mom for the amazing purple flowers and for thinking to of me, 
"Just because." 
(You made my day.)
 In an ongoing quest to find and disperse kindness, my eyes recently stumbled upon this website.
I was thrilled to see what other people are doing to spread love throughout the world,
 in both small and a large ways.
One idea that I loved was to create these kindness cards and leave them throughout your community in the most discrete of places, only to be found and make someone feel really wonderful.
The icing on the cake is the idea to photograph the places that you leave the cards and chronicle the kindness.
(I will be keep a running list of the card drops that our family makes in the sidebar of this here blog.)
We're starting the spreading of kindness tomorrow.
How do you practice kindness in your life?

2 comments:

Laura said...

What a beautiful, sweet idea.

"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Ettiene De Grellet

Liz said...

Ohhh how lovely!