Meet Darling Darleen.
I . Heart. Her. Blog.
I love the beauty and the simplicity of her designs.
I love her creativity and her imagination.
I love thinking about her dashing around New York, with her husband and their children...
Ok. I love everything about her.
I hope you will too.
1. How did you choose the name of your business and/or blog?
My blog name comes from a childhood nickname. Actually, when I was a baby my mom wrote a song for me called Darling Darleen. So I thought it would be appropriate.
2. What is your morning ritual?
Sneaking out of the house before my husband and kids wake up to go work out or run. It’s nice to wake up when everything is quiet and peaceful. It gives me personal time to think and meditate.
3. What inspires you?
My children. Blogging. Other moms.
4. What is a little known fact about yourself?
I love the outdoors—hiking, camping, snowboarding, mountain biking, wakeboarding. If only I lived closer to the mountains.
5. What is the furthest destination that you have traveled to from the
? United States
The Caribbean, but I’ve been trying to convince my husband to take me to
Europe for years.
6. What was your intention in starting your blog?
I live on the other side of the country from my family and friends, so I started blogging to stay connected to them. Since then it’s evolved into things I love, things I have an interest in and my jewelry business.
7. What is your favorite color? That’s a hard one because I like to think of me as a colorful person who needs color all around. But I guess if I have to pick just one I’d say blue.
8. Greatest influence? My mom. She raised nine kids with elegance, grace and patience. When finances got tough, she started her own successful at-home business. She always put her children first and never complained about it!
9. Earliest childhood memory?
When my older sisters were at school, I’d play dress-up (every.single.day of my four-year-old life) with their prom dresses, shoes and jewelry.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes. But honestly it didn’t happen to me. Don’t get me wrong; there was definitely a connection between my husband and I the first time we saw each other, but no wedding bells going off.
11. Everyday must have?
Kisses from my husband and kids. A hot cup of yerba mate. Exercise. Fresh air.
12. Lucky number?
Sorry, but I don’t have one.
13. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?
I hope to keep them both balanced while being successful. Since having children, I’ve realized there is a time and a season. Right now, my children are my primary focus then my business. And that’s okay. As my children get older, I will be able to put more and more time into my business.
14. Run, walk or skip?
Run, run, run! I love to run. And I love fast pace. I use to work in
, and I felt right at home with how everything was so fast paced. It’s definitely a boost of energy. New York City
15. If you could live your life again, knowing what you know at this very moment, what would you do differently?
Listen to my parents more often. It would have saved me a lot of heartache.