Thursday, March 25, 2010

Insperational Interview- Amy Anderson

This creative lady doesn't need much of an introduction.
Amy Anderson is the great mind behind, Mod Podge Rocks... A celebration of all things MP!
Beginning crafters and experts alike, follow along with her daily crafting experience and look to her site for inspiration.
Grab a little bit for yourself, here.
You will be happy that you did.

1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog? It was very easy, actually.  I'm Mod Podge obsessed, and think it rocks. . . it just came together!  

2. What is your morning ritual?  The dogs (2 pugs and 1 pom) wake me up by jumping on me.  I snooze for 20 minutes and then get ready . . . pop into the car and then to my local Starbucks.  I waddle into work and it takes me about one hour to wake up.  I really like quiet mornings (all you mother out there are laughing right now).

3. What inspires you?  Other crafters and then color, in that order.  Since starting Mod Podge Rocks, I've really been amazed by the level of talent out there.  I'm so blessed to be connected to everyone who reads my blog.  They inspire me to do better every day and to keep creating.  In terms of color, the ol' color wheel is a constant source of inspiration.  I always think about new ways to combine colors and how to incorporate those combinations into projects.  Color makes me want to create.

4. What is a little know fact about yourself?  I have six tattoos - including one huge one on my back.  If you met me you would never know, and most people say they wouldn't expect it.  My justification is that I was young once.

5. What is the furthest destination that you have traveled to from the United States? Probably Italy - the food was delicious!

6. What was your intention in starting your blog?  To provide the world what I had looked for and couldn't find - a one stop shop for decoupage projects.  The total unexpected side benefit has been meeting fabulous people like you!

7. What is your favorite color?  BLUE.  Without a question.  I've loved it since I was young.

8. Greatest influence?  You are going to laugh - buttons.  My great-grandmother's button collection got me started in this crazy world of crafting.  I used to spend HOURS as a child playing with and organizing buttons.  They remind me of spending lots of time with my mother.  I'm constantly trying to recreate my childhood.

9. Earliest childhood memory? Walking home down a trail from the kindergarten bus.  Those were the days when kids could walk home from the bus without having to worry.  I felt like I had a huge responsibility, getting home on my own without help!

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?  No.  Blame it on the logical part of my mind rather than the romantic part.

11. Everyday must have?  Dog snuggles.  It's nice to be loved unconditionally.

12. Lucky number? 328.  Is that weird that it's three digits?

13. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?  I want to continue to grow as a writer and blogger.  I'd love to expand in new directions like Etsy and other places that people have been for years.  I guess I'm a late adapter, but that's okay.  I'll just learn from everyone else.

14. Run, walk or skip?  Run.  I want to get there the fastest way possible.

15. If you could live your life again, knowing what you know at this very moment, what would you do differently?  I wouldn't have gotten an undergrad degree in science.  I dropped art as a major because I thought I couldn't make any money and that science was more practical.  I was trying to be smart.  Do what you love, I say now.  You only live once.

1 comment:

Chels said...

What a great interview! It's nice to know a little more about a really fantastic blogger!