Thursday, November 5, 2009

Inspirational Interview -Gabrielle Blair

Design Mom. Mother of five, with number six on the way. Loving wife. Nesting contributor for Cookie Magazine. Answerer of questions. Provider of advise. Source of inspiration. Amazing. Design Mom is the very first blog that I started following on a daily basis, this being nearly two years ago now. Gabrielle is remarkable and I am beyond honored to have her participation. May you enjoy her answers as much as I have...


1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog?

As a designer, I find I filter many of my motherhood decisions and choices through a "design lens." So the title Design Mom was the perfect fit.

2. What inspires you?

How my children think. Fresh flowers. The color spectrum.

3. Favorite day of the week/why?

Saturday because I am most likely able to sleep in.

4. Greatest influence?

My mother. She raised 8 very healthy, creative children. With almost no money at all.


5. Earliest childhood memory?

Watching a wasp on the tiled border between the hot tub and the pool.


6. When did you know that you were ready to embark on creating your own business?

I've had my own business in one form or another since I graduated from college. I always knew I wanted a big family and would need to be able to work from home if necessary.


7. When was the last time that you laughed until your belly hurt?

Last night. And the night before that. And the night before that. Ben Blair is funniest person I know.


8. When was the last time that you cried?

Yesterday. I couldn't stop throwing up and I was really worn out.


9. How old were you when you gave birth to your first child?

It was 2 months after my 23rd birthday.


10. Everyday must have?

Sugar. Attention from my husband. The internet.


11. Most treasured item?

I don't think I own a single item I would cry over. Maybe a few sighs, but no tears. So I'm not sure if I treasure any of my items. Probably, if I ever own a vintage convertible VW bug. In red. It will be my most treasured item.

12. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?

A solid gold house and rocket car. (Do you watch the Simpsons?)

Hopes for business: to stop doing what I'm doing before I dislike it. Hopes for personal life: to keep my family healthy and happy. And to make sure my husband knows how much I adore him.


13. Advise for others who might be contemplating following their dreams?

Go for it. Especially if your dream = blogging. Blogging is free and pretty much without risk. If you don't like it, you'll stop. Easy peasy.


14. Chocolate... Dark, Light or white?

No thanks. I like caramel. Or sour patch kids.


15. Middle name?

None.

3 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

love me some Gabs. xoxoox

Rachel said...

Really. I'll read anything about Design Mom. She's the very best!

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Gabrielle is so awesome. I adore her.