Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inspirational Inverview- Courtney Kendrick

 Many of you reading this probably recognize this lovely lady. You may know her by her blog-land alias, cJane... Her name is actually Courtney Kendrick and she is every bit as sweet and gracious as I had thought that she would be. I started reading cJane Enjoy It, about a year ago. I found Courtney's talent through the talent of her sister and am so glad that I did. Courtney's blog is a realistic portrayal of a woman's life day in and day out. She shares, she reveals and she exposes herself for the world to see. Her ability to write is a gift. Her attention to detail in the order and arrangement of her words is both thought provoking and awe inspiring. She has made me laugh, she has made me cry. If you have not had a chance to meet cJane, today is your lucky day... You are in for a treat.

1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog?
Way back when (way back when I don't know what) my sister Stephanie created an email address for me and called it cjane. C is for Courtney and Jane is my middle name. I kept it as my online profile, so internetly, I am know as cjane. My blog is called Enjoy It because I started it when I was trying to get pregnant and was NOT enjoying the fact that it wasn't working. If I wrote about the happy moments, the enjoyable moments, I thought I could endure it better. So, "c jane Enjoy It" is the name of my blog.

2. What inspires you?
Innocence, mostly. Also, nature never ceases to inspire me.

3. Favorite day of the week/why?
Thursday, it is the day that brings promises of the weekend. Thursday is deep-breath-almost-there day.

4. Greatest influence?
A Mormon writer named Emma Lou Thayne. I admire everything she pens, even the stuff she has yet to write. I love it already.

5. Earliest childhood memory?
Walking across the street with too tight of jeans on my hips (I think I was five). I've never quite made sense of jeans (I prefer skirts and dresses.)

6. When did you know that you were ready to embark on creating your own business?
 I am forever the stay at home wife with a secret life of blogging and emailing. I don't think I'd make much sense of business.

7. When was the last time that you laughed until your belly hurt?
Last Saturday morning my husband and I were in bed. My mother-in-law had gotten up with our 16 month old so we could advantageously sleep in. While they were downstairs playing, our son somehow escaped. He quickly climbed the stairs, jaunted down the hall, and burst open our bedroom door with an excited "HAAAA!"  There was a definite sly smile on his face. Like, "I caught you!" (He caught us sleeping in, nothing else, I promise.) We laughed for twenty four hours after the moment.

8. When was the last time that you cried?
When I told my husband I wanted to move to a farm so our children could have a simple life of milking and plowing and darning their socks. I know it will never happen, and that is why I cried.

9. How old were you when you gave birth to your first child? 
Thirty one. Thank you very much. In my family of nine, all the women had their first child at 24 or younger. This makes me proud to be an older mommy. Thank you very much (again).

10. Everyday must have?
Quiet time. Me and my brain, alone. No sharing.

11. Most treasured item?
My plastic pink peep toe shoes. I have had them for years, I will have them for eternity. Or however long plastic lasts.

12. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?
I want to find a place where motherhood and blogging meet for me. Right now they seem separate and I'd like them to co-exist. I'd like to feel that blogging enhances my mothering and vice-versa.

13. Advise for others who might be contemplating following their dreams?
Don't listen to advice.
(Wait, am I advising?)


14. Chocolate... Dark, Light or white?
Usually dark, but the minute I found out I was pregnant (this time) I could've even smell my drawer full of exotic dark chocolates. These days milk chocolate is my pregnancy sickness redemption. Cadbury milk chocolate. Who needs Zofran?

15. Middle name?
Didn't I already answer that?

5 comments:

MissMel said...

Thanks for sharing, Courtney. I'll take your advice.....

Anonymous said...

Court is a true blue mama and I love her even though I have never even met her!

Anna said...

such great questions & answers!! loved it!
xo-

crissy // mama boss said...

I love cjane. She is a most beautiful and inspirational woman.

Vanessa said...

I loved reading this :)