Friday, January 2, 2009

I Resolve In 2009


There are so, so many things that I would like to include on this list.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think to myself, "Gosh, I would love to do that", or "I am going to do that within my life time..."

 Although, I suppose that with age and a bit of wisdom I have come to understand that the inspiration and intrigue are inevitable, the timing is what seems to be divine.  So as we set forth into this new year, here is a short list of things that I will strive to attain...
1. Be The Best Me.  
I will continue to pursue being the very best person that I can be... I wear many different hats in my little ole life, and from day to day can be many different things to many different people. 

I hope to be the best possible friend to my dear friends... I hope to make my new friends feel like my oldest friends and to make my oldest friends feel new again.  I want to constantly remind my friends of what an honor it is to live amongst them and to be encouraged and challenged by their greatness.  

I will to continue to honor the relationship that I have with my family... I will be a whole hearted participant in the lives of each family member that I am so lucky to have... I will be the best wife,daughter, sister,cousin and aunt possible.  I will continue to reach out to those that I am fortunate to call my own. I will say I love you at the end of each and every phone call and encourage those around me to do the same... (Life is too short, we need more I love yous ...)

My ongoing quest to be the ultimate mother to my sons is what I will forever call a work in progress... It seems that as frequently as they are growing and changing, I am as well... What a unique experience... To watch my children discover who they are at the same time I am reveling who I actually am... Growing together? Glorious.

2. Be Present.  
I find that this that should be so simple, is so hard.  I am making a point to focus on remaining present and in the moment, while it is happening.  I think that in today's day and age, it is so easy to not only multi task but to do so while doing three or four other things at the same time... I often find myself physically in one place but mentally preparing myself for the next destination.  I want to drink in the moments as they happen.... Live the memory as it is being made... Slow down... Breath, and get to the rest of it when I can.

3. Find Inspiration.
I am constantly inspired by the imagination and innocence of my four year old son. The simple beauty that he sees in the mundane... The artist eye that he has for the average or everyday. Colored leaves become a marching band... The clouds, his canvas...  I will try to see the world the way that he does... Not with a notion of what should be seen or felt, but with what I see or feel living amongst it...

4. Find My Roots.
I spent more than the first half of my life expressing myself through physical art... Dancing and singing.  I can't really explain what it is that pulled me away from these activites that at times brought me such happiness and release, although I know that I am near ready for them to return to my life.  My voice is just that, it's my voice... It has taken me places that I never would have thought I would go....(Oh, to national championships and back home again... )It has rewarded me with memories that will never fade.  My feet... they love to move! Years of training and repeated performances... The most supportive and loving  fans...(My loving parents) The opportunity to express myself through the movement of my body... Pure joy...  I have to get back to this part of myself that was lost somewhere along the way... I think that this is one of the missing pieces in my puzzle.


Happy New Year to each and every person that I know.  May your year be full of beauty and challenge... May you grow in ways that you had not expected to and love in ways that you only dreamed you could... 

No comments: