Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Memorable Meal

I have decided that this will be the year that Thanksgiving will be held in my home, the meal served on my china and cooked lovingly and entirely by yours truly... What better year to do it then this year when I have never had so much to be thankful for... We had thought that we might be headed up the coast for the holiday, but after a change of plans, realized that home is where we ought to spend Thanksgiving this year. What a wonderful opportunity to honor the friends and family that I am so very grateful for.  I am excited, and have already began scouring magazine shelves and internet postings for the very yummiest recipes to serve my family Thanksgiving day.  I will be sharing my thoughts and finds throughout this month and of course you will be the first to hear all about the magnificent feast!  I have found one recipe that I am sure to use... I think that these will be wonderful for the children in attendance...Perfect size for their little hands!Yum!

Stuffing Balls
(Here is the except from the magazine in which I found this recipe...)
"A family friend used to carry these in his pockets on Thanksgiving walks to keep his hands (and stomach) warm.  While walks are nice, I don't need that excuse to eat a lot of them.  You get the best stuffing, crispy and moist-in every bite.  Even better with lots of gravy(but that doesn't work in pockets).
Directions are as follows...
Heat oven to the temperature that your favorite stuffing calls for and prepare as usual.  Boxed stuffing is totally fine too, but some chopped cranberries add a little something.  Roll stuffing into 2 inch balls, place on a greased cookie sheet and mist with olive oil.  Bake until nicely brown, about thirty minutes, rotating once about half way through.


No comments: