Friday, July 25, 2008

Banana Fanana Fo Fanna Bread

(You will have to forgive me for heading on this post... The Name Game is currently a huge hit in our home!)

Here is an absolutely wonderful recipe that my mother included in a cookbook that she put together for me years ago... She used this very recipe to make amazing banana bread a few thousand times while growing up in her home, and I must say that I use it a whole bunch myself!  
Three wonderful things about banana bread.... 
1. It is  simple to throw together, only a few ingredients and a one hour bake time... 
2.  The aroma that will fill you home during that hour will be amazing... 
3. Little kiddies love this stuff...Sebastian loves for me to toast a thick slice for him and slather it with either whipped butter or cream cheese!  Brooklyn or the other hand will take it any way he can get it, warm, cold, condiment or not! Yummy, Yummy, either way... 

Directions For Making Banana Bread
Mix together three whole bananas, 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, pinch of salt, 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder.  Pour mixture into a well greased bread pan and bake for one hour at 350 degrees, or until a knife poked into the center of the loaf comes out clean... (If you are going to use this recipe for banana bread muffins, decrease cooking time to 30 minutes...)  Allow bread to cool, slice and enjoy!

No comments: