Tuesday, March 22, 2011

tin can planters







another "quick idea"


"an assortment of cans in different heights, widths and textures 

is the perfect foil for a selection of plants, as well as an excellent way to recycle."



(i covered my cans in a variety of decorated paper,

 because I was planning to give them away as gifts, 

and I thought it looked a bit more finished."





"Use a screwdriver to pierce the base of each can several times for drainage, 


being careful not to skewer yourself. 


Sand the rough edges inside, fill the cans with soil, and add your plants."




Enjoy!

4 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Lovely project & Excellent use! The Italian eatery in my neighbourhood has these huge canned tomatoes can that would be perfect for larger specimen. I plan to raid their recycle bin for just this purpose.

jeana said...

This is adorable! I love this idea!

Dana Gastelum said...

These are so gorgeous! Such a beautiful and easy gift idea! I think I need to get that book for sure :)

Alli said...

very cute! the cans looks so lovely with the plants.
xo