Thursday, October 8, 2009

Inspirational Interview -Alyssa Welch

I found Aylssa's blog,Resolved To Worship, months ago now. She had me hooked at her header. All seven of these beautiful blonde children can not be her's, right? Wrong. Mother of seven, loving wife, homemaker, photographer and dedictaed follower of Jesus Christ. Her blog is genuine beauty. The way she speaks of her family and the world that surrounds her, brings me a daily dose of inspiration and a reminder of how very simple and pure a woman's heart can be. Alyssa also owns and operates her own photography business, Kiddosphotos, the images are stunning. Take a peek. (This series titled, Blue, are some of my favorite) I enjoyed reading her answers to my questions, I hope you do the same.
1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog?
My personal blog "Resolved2Worship" I named because I began it at a very rough time in my life - things were really difficult and I felt like the Lord was telling me to be resolved, no matter what came my way, to keep my head up, and keep going and worship Him in the midst of the storm. As for my business site - kiddosphotos - I really didn't mean to name it that! And I am thinking of changing it because I do so much more than just kids photos these days. My actual business is called "Alyssa Welch Photography." I'm in the process of working to get a business site that corresponds with my business name.~

2. What inspires you?
Anything out of the box creative. Art. Nature, God's creation. Sunsets and people.

3. Favorite day of the week/why?
Would have to be a tie between Saturday and Sunday because my man is home and I absolutely love being with him and doing stuff together as a family whether it be just hanging out at home or going out and doing something fun.

4. Greatest influence?
My mom and dad, my oldest sister.

5. Earliest childhood memory?
swinging on our swingset with my stuffed dog, with my older sister - who loved to play dolls, but I didn't - so I played "stuffed dog." I think I would have been three or four.

6. When did you know that you were ready to embark on creating your own business?
In highschool I had a dream to have my own business - in anything artistic. I went to Newport Beach CA. Interior Design Institute right out of highschool - I dreamed of starting a business in interior design. Then eleven years ago, I had my first son. I didn't have a camera but  my husband had a camera in our closet, one he'd gotten when he graduated from highschool 12 years before. I got it out and discovered I loved photography. It fit with all the other artistic things I loved to do. About six months later, I started my own business.

7. When was the last time that you laughed until your belly hurt?
Last Tuesday night when my second born son was playing a scrimmage game in football.

8. When was the last time that you cried?
Can't remember. I'm so not a crier.

9. How old were you when you gave birth to your first child? 
Twenty. Wouldn't change it for the world.

10. Everyday must have?
just a little time to be quiet and reflect.

11. Most treasured item?
"item?" like a thing? Well, I'd typically say my husband/children but they're not an "item" :) so it would have to be my Bible/books/writings/journals/memories in pictures. Something like that.

12. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?
I do my business for two reasons - one, because I love art and creating pictures is like drawing a picture to me. I love to draw - create anything - I am passionate about creativity - it is who I am. Secondly, I do it because I desire to make my husband successful - we're a team - we work together in all we do in one way or the other - he also has his own business. I love that I can help support and encourage him by adding to our income and making life fun for our seven children. What I earn I put completely into our children - whether it be for their clothing, a fun outing, a family vacation. I LOVE watching them enjoy things in life and my business has helped give us some really fun times together - making memories and loving on each other. My hopes for my business are more of the same of what I have been doing: providing for my children (and my husband and I) fun times together that will give us memories for a lifetime, as well as giving me a wonderful outlet for my passion for creating things.

Hopes for my personal life: to become more and more like Jesus Christ - a loving person to all those around me. To honor the Lord in how I live my life - making each moment count for eternity. To be a loving wife and mother, blessing those around me with the giftings God has given me -- making the world a better place by reaching out to others.

13. Advise for others who might be contemplating following their dreams?
Make sure your dreams line up with your giftings, and not just something you see someone else being successful at - or that you think would be "fun." Be yourself - at the same time think out of the box, go within yourself and see what God has put there and use it for His glory and to bless others - and let the person God made you to be, be what shines through in your business and life. Have a vision in one way or another to give to others through your successes - this is so rewarding! more than anything.

14. Chocolate... Dark, Light or white?
Would have to be dark chocolate. with peanut butter. . . or with mint. Love a mint chocolate anything.

15. Middle name?
Ann

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading this interview! So many little nuggets of truth hidden in the lines.... Thank you so much for sharing!

xoxox!

~ Maranda ~

amber said...

Lys has been a huge blessing in my life on many fronts.

great idea. thanks for sharing.

JustForDaisy said...

Just found this (and you!) on Pinterest. Love Alyssa's blog and have read for quite a few years now! :) Her beauty of heart flaws me and I love it!