Tuesday, May 24, 2011

soldier s t o r i e s



When I decided to sign up for the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure, I knew that I would be walking 

those sixty miles for my paternal grandmother that had breast cancer, and suffered a double mastectomy; 

although I knew that I too would be walking for the many other cancer soldiers that I have been 

surrounded by throughout my life. I have deemed My 60 Mile Journey, a tribute walk. Those three 

consecutive days in November will be dedicated to a vast and widely varied group of people. Varied by 

age, race and type of cancer. Some mothers, some fathers. Some sisters, some brothers.

 Some grandmothers and grandfathers.
All human, all beautiful living creatures, all suffering the same disease. 

All warriors; soldiers in the flight of their lives. 

I'm honored to be able to share with you, each of the honorees that I will be walking for. 

Throughout the months leading up to the three day walk in November, I will be highlighting each of these 

cancer soldiers and trying to bring awareness to their name and their life, as well as their struggle. 

Please join me is celebrating the courage and the beauty of each of these amazing souls.

To donate to my fundraising effort in one of these or any other cancer soldiers name,

please follow the attached link below.

thank you.

No comments: