Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Guest Post.

I am so excited and honored to be here today. I love Corey's blog and the fun pictures of her two adorable boys. My name is Amy and I can normally be found at The Idea Room. I am a stay-at-home mom to five great kids and wife to my favorite guy! I am a former High School Science Teacher and love to keep busy. I enjoy crafting and creating in my "spare" time which usually means during nap time and/or when the kids are finally in bed for the night. I enjoy family camping trips and trying to improve my photography. I currently have a love/hate relationship with running.

Photobucket

Today I would like to share with you an activity that you can do with your kids to keep summer boredom at bay. After the kids are outside all day, make some Bath Tub Paints for some good, clean fun. They can be made with four simple ingredients found right in your kitchen.

Take a muffin tin (or containers of your choice) and add 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch to each cup of the tin.
Photobucket
Then to each cup add about 1/4 cup of baby shampoo.
Photobucket
Add 4-5 drops of food coloring to each mixture to make your favorite paint colors.
Photobucket
Stir and mix together the paint until the color is fully incorporated and it has a smooth consistency. Add a small amount of water to each tin (about 2-3 Tablespoons) and stir.
Photobucket
Give each child a paint brush, put them into a shower or bathtub and let them go to town expressing their creative artistic abilities.
Photobucket
I did not let them paint on the wall tiles because I was afraid that the color might stain the grout! But every surface of the tub (and eventually their bodies) was fair game.
Photobucket
They were in the tub for over an hour having a blast.
Photobucket
When it was time to clean up, I gave them each a sponge and let them clean up their artwork. The best part was a clean and sparkling tub that I didn't have to scrub myself!
Photobucket
Thanks so much Corey for sharing your readers with me! I hope you will come on over and see some of the other ideas I have to share with you!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh what a cute idea! I love it. On occassion my youngest one still takes a bath..he's 8. I know he would definately get a kick out of this...I think he will be in the tub for hours!

FairfieldHouse said...

Ugh I commented on the wrong post:

Amy & Corey Ann -

Wonderful idea! I've seen bath-tub paint sets sold in stores but like knowing there is nothing harmful in the mix. Now, if you can only think of something that will get my floors clean! I'll be sure to pop over to The Idea Room.

Your Friend,
Deborah