Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Mobile For Francesca .


I started thinking about making baby Francesca a mobile over a month ago. I had an idea in mind of what I hoped that it would look like and I'm pleased to say that I think it looks pretty close to what I had imagined.
(No, my sister has not had her sweet baby girl yet... but October is right around the corner, right?)

And I'm a bit overjoyed about having a new baby in the family.


If you decide that you would like to make a mobile of your own, please see the mini tutorial below.

Without further ado, here is the mobile...

If you think that the mobile is sweet enough for someone you know and you would like to make one yourself, please follow the directions below.

Step #1
Choose the color of paint that you will use for the wooden rings of the mobile.
Step #2
Paint the wooden rings. (I bought these at Michael's craft store in the floral department and I'm not sure what  they are supposed to be used for, but they were exactly what I needed for this project!)
Step #3
Drill holes around the wooden rings. This is how you are going to attach the upper and lower ring to one another.
Step #4
Using a paper punch, choose a variety of colored papers and make about 300 circles.
(Yes, I said 300.)
Step #5
Get ahold of some of this clear, stretchy thread and using a large embroidery needle, start threading!
Step #6
Attach the various lines to the wooden circles.
Hang in a breezy bedroom and delight in the motion of the little circles dancing about!
Enjoy!

P.S. I hope that baby Francesca will love this mobile as much as I am going to love her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is SO adorable! and the best part is, you can do so many color combos.

Laura said...

what a sweet mobile! i absolutely love the colors!

McKell said...

that is darling! i love the colors you used. so cute.

*come check out my blog too if you'd like :)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore this project. It is going in my style file for sure!

Happy 4th of July!