Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Inspirational Interview- Lindsay

Living With Lindsay is one of my most favorite places to take in an eyeful of home decor and crafting goodness!
If you have not seen her work, or visited her blog, you are in for quite a treat!
I happen to be a huge fan of her Teach Me Tuesday series and I think that you will be too.
Her Etsy shop, Lindsay At Home,  is divine.
Mosey on over and take a peek at the wonders of her amazing ways,
and then go out and have an amazing day...
(I hope you enjoy her interview as much as I do.)

1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog?  My blog is called "Living With Lindsay."  It originally started by talking about what a pain it was to live with me, since I was always roping my poor husband into helping me with some big project.  Over time, it has morphed into talking more about my projects and less about how difficult it is to live with me.  :)  The name still works though, because being involved in a never-ending list of projects is pretty much what it's like to live with me every day!


2. What is your morning ritual?  Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.  I am not a morning person at all.  I give my 4 year old his breakfast (dry cereal and a cup of milk - that CANNOT be mixed!), turn on a show for him, and zone out with my laptop on the couch until I hear my coffee maker beep it's beautiful "Come and get me!" melody.  Even though I'm pregnant and can only drink decaf, I think it's more the ritual of the cup of coffee than it is the actual caffeine.


3. What inspires you?  I'm mostly inspired by nature - trees, birds, flowers.  I don't consider myself an outdoor person, but I want my home to be decorated with natural elements.  I guess I am really an outdoor person...when it's inside in the air conditioning!


4. What is a little know fact about yourself?  I was the college mascot for the University of Texas in my college days.  Hook 'Em!


5. What is the furthest destination that you have traveled to from the United States?  I've been over to Europe, so I guess Germany is probably the furthest I've been.


6. What was your intention in starting your blog?  I really wanted to show people that you can have a beautiful, livable home without spending a ton of money.  All it takes is a little know-how and elbow grease!


7. What is your favorite color?  Green


8. Greatest influence?  My mom.  There is pretty much no major (or minor) decision that I don't run past her.  I am so lucky to have such a fantastic relationship with my parents.  I only wish we lived closer - I'm in Texas and they are in Tennessee.


9. Earliest childhood memory?  Gosh, that's hard.  There are memories that I don't even realize I have until I see an item in an antique store and can recall that my grandmother had that particular item!  I guess most of what I remember and love about my childhood were our family trips to the beach.  Destin, Florida constantly pulls at my heartstrings, and I hope my son will remember our same family trips to that gorgeous little city.

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?  Of course!


11. Everyday must have?  Did I mention coffee?


12. Lucky number?  I guess I really don't have one.  I gravitate towards '3,' so I guess that's it.

13. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?  Personally, I hope we can bring up our little family in such a way that they have as much joy and warmness in their hearts as I do about my own childhood.  I just don't want to look back and think, "Gosh, we really screwed that up, didn't we?"  It's certainly a challenge, but we are doing the very best that we can.  As far as my blog, I just want to continue to inspire and teach people about making the best of their homes 


14. Run, walk or skip?  It used to be run, but these days it's walk...it's hard to do much else when you are 23 weeks pregnant!


15. If you could live your life again, knowing what you know at this very moment, what would you do differently?  Not a thing.  Mistakes and missteps are what brought me to the wonderful place where I am.  :)

No comments: