Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Insperational Interview- Amy Knight


I discovered Bean-Pickle-Sprout during my first visit to the Etsy website. I was in love immediately. I bought her lovely bibs for my lovely baby and received one million and one complements. I ordered her coffee sleeves and go far out of my way to use them over and over again. Dish towels, check. Monogramed pot holder, check. I could go on and on. Her work is divine. Amy just so happens to be one of the sweetest ladies that I have come to know through the world wide web. I imagine her in Colorado, with a big cup of coffee, sewing and smiling all the while. You can get an eye full of her homemade goodness here. I highly recommend that you do. I loved reading her interview,I hope the same for you. Enjoy.


1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog?  My business is named after my three children.  I took their nicknames and squished them all together - BeanPickleSprout!

2. What is your morning ritual?  Wake up to my blazing alarm, shower, get the kids dressed for school, drop the kids off, come home and get to work!  Oh, and coffee, coffee and more coffee - can't live without it!

3. What inspires you?  I find myself very inspired by nature.

4. What is a little know fact about yourself?  I can wiggle my nostrils :)

5. What is the furthest destination that you have traveled to from the United States?  I, unfortunately, have never been out of the country.

6. What was your intention in starting your blog?  To share other people's creations and things I love.  I haven't kept up with it very well.

7. What is your favorite color?  Green and orange are at about the same level on my favorites list!

8. Greatest influence?  My sister growing up and now my husband and children.
9. Earliest childhood memory?  Running around the town in the summer catching grasshoppers in a jar and then releasing them.

10. Do you believe in love at first sight?  Yes.

11. Everyday must have?  Chocolate.

12. Lucky number?  7

13. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?  I hope to spend more time with my family and travel!

14. Run, walk or skip?  Definitely skip!

15. If you could live your life again, knowing what you know at this very moment, what would you do differently?  Absolutely nothing.  I have learned from every mistake I have made and don't feel, if I changed something, that I would be the same person I am now!

No comments: