Thursday, January 7, 2010

Darling


Last night while at work, I was sifting though a bin of discarded and forgotten Christmas ornaments and feeling quite blue for the few that were never bought and taken to a loving home, rather to be left behind and shoved into a bin for the remainder of the month... I know, I know, they are just ornaments, there are no emotions involved, I guess it's the Velveteen Rabbit in me... Anywhoo, while standing there looking at a darling stuffed mouse ornament, it dawned on me that it would make a lovely pin cushion. I bought two mice, a mother and a father, clipped the hanging string and stuffed them full of brightly colored pins. I think that they are delightful, and a .90 each, a steal! Surely they will have a long and happy life here in my home...

Who could resist a face like this?




Mrs. Mouse so sweet with her tiny glasses on... Love it!

2 comments:

Alie said...

You were "feeling quite blue for the few that were never bought and taken to a loving home, rather to be left behind and shoved into a bin for the remainder of the month... " But didn't have any problem stabbing them with pins?? !! LOL - thanks for the chuckle! :) :)

Dena Moon said...

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want them to be lonely but no problem with them being stabbed repeatedly! lol.
Very cute idea! They are adorable!