Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby Disney

We are heading to Disneyland in a few weeks to celebrate the sixth birthday of a very special little boy. Not long ago I had seen a commercial about volunteer opportunities though the Disney corporation and decided to look a bit further into it. Turns out there are hundreds of opportunities for families to volunteer their time with a variety of different organizations AND earn a days entrance into the park of dreams... Our family signed up to assist Operation Showers Of Appreciation, to prepare and drop off a diaper bag filled with necessary items to an expecting military mother. This has been such a joy; to shop for and go through my own things, gathering items to gift the unknown family with. This afternoon Sebastian and I put the finishing touches on a little Welcome Home Baby sign for "Baby Disney"
We will drop off the bag tomorrow morning.
I love that Sebastian had the chance to experience the joy of giving while volunteering his time and energy. I also love that he will reap the benefit of his work in an amazing Disneyland day, just weeks from now.
Awesome trade off. Win,win.
If you and your family are interested in this opportunity either here is Southern California or in Florida, please follow this link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity that Disney is giving to families. We too are taking part in the give a day get a day volunteer program. Monday we will be planting a garden and my older girls will be waxing the floors in a museum. I am especially excited because my
10, 9 and 4 year old have never been there. I love your blog and your little ones are cuties. Have a great day.