Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last Year's Letter

I have this amazing follower who was looking though my blog archive from December of last year. She made a very sweet comment about the letter that Santa wrote and left for my boy's last Christmas. I had forgotten all about this letter and it made my day to look back at it and read it again. Thank you for the gentle reminder of where my life was at this time last year and of how very far we have come in one years time. The post was called "Love Always, Santa Claus" and here is what it read...




Dear Sebastian and Brooklyn,


I want to start by saying how very much I have appreciated your direct and consistent correspondence between myself and the elves this year... Sebastian, I know that it is you that did the majority of the letter writing, and that you used your voice to ask not only for your self, but also for your little brother, your friends and other family members as well.  I received your letters, each one of them and enjoyed reading what you wrote.  I am so glad that your parents decided to place that magical mailbox in your living room, how convenient... no trips to the post office!

Sebastian, seeing as you are the older child, I would like to address you first... I have watched and monitored your behavior all year long.  There are so many different situations that have made me extremely proud of you and have proven to myself, as well as those around you, what a very good boy you are indeed.  I have watched you grow this year, physically as well as emotionally and mentally.  I have watched all the way from the North Pole as you have begun your transition into  young boyhood.  You are kind and considerate.  You are intelligent and witty.  You have a wonderful sense of humor and are one of the sweetest boys I know.   I love how you think of others before you think of yourself.  I saw that you gave your watch to a friend without hesitation and that you have collected two boxes full of your toys for me to take with me tonight, and give to the little girls and boys that are so much less fortunate than you are.  Thank you.  I can hardly believe that this is the fourth Christmas that I have visited your home and left you with the gifts that I have chosen for you... My, my, how the years have flown by... You have become a remarkable young man...


Brooklyn, I can hardly believe how quickly you have grown... And what is this? You are walking! Just in time for Christmas! How excited I am for you and for all of the wondermint that there is to be discovered by newly striding feet!  You have been a joy to watch throughout the last twelve months... I am witness to the happiness that you provide to those around you on a daily basis.   You, sweet boy, are defiantly atop the Nice list this year.  I hope that you enjoy the gifts that I chose for you, seeing as I didn't have much guidance... I understand though that you have a healthy appetite and so from one food enthusiast to another, enjoy the treats Mrs. Clause included for you...  Enjoy each day of the year to come, as so much is in store for you.... Go as far as your little feet will take you, although take the time to slow down every once in awhile and sit in the warmth of a hug or a tickle...  Please know how very much your family loves you...


Thank you both  for the wonderful cookies and milk that I found after coming though your chimney... What a treat!  The reindeer appreciated the food as well, they were in need of a good snack... 

I wish for you both this year,the very Merriest Christmas possible... May you enjoy unwrapping your gifts and playing with your toys... Although, please remember this.... 


The greatest gift that you have both been given is each other.  Brotherhood is no doubt the greatest gift of all. The ability to have another person in your life to share your greatest moments as well as greatest hardships.  An equal, a confidant, a partner in all that you do. Your flesh and blood, your forever friend...your brother.  Take care of one another and love each other the way only brothers can.  


Merry Christmas to two of the finest boys I know...


 Love Always, Santa Claus

1 comment:

blushing rose said...

So sweet ... memories for later years, these wonderful words.

I have to get my Christmas letter from Santa written for Ansel & Tatiana here right soon ... I do it every year.

Dear Sebastian and Brooklyn,


I want to start by saying how very much I have appreciated your direct and consistent correspondence between myself and the elves this year... Sebastian, I know that it is you that did the majority of the letter writing, and that you used your voice to ask not only for your self, but also for your little brother, your friends and other family members as well. I received your letters, each one of them and enjoyed reading what you wrote. I am so glad that your parents decided to place that magical mailbox in your living room, how convenient... no trips to the post office!

Sebastian, seeing as you are the older child, I would like to address you first... I have watched and monitored your behavior all year long. There are so many different situations that have made me extremely proud of you and have proven to myself, as well as those around you, what a very good boy you are indeed. I have watched you grow this year, physically as well as emotionally and mentally. I have watched all the way from the North Pole as you have begun your transition into young boyhood. You are kind and considerate. You are intelligent and witty. You have a wonderful sense of humor and are one of the sweetest boys I know. I love how you think of others before you think of yourself. I saw that you gave your watch to a friend without hesitation and that you have collected two boxes full of your toys for me to take with me tonight, and give to the little girls and boys that are so much less fortunate than you are. Thank you. I can hardly believe that this is the fourth Christmas that I have visited your home and left you with the gifts that I have chosen for you... My, my, how the years have flown by... You have become a remarkable young man...


Brooklyn, I can hardly believe how quickly you have grown... And what is this? You are walking! Just in time for Christmas! How excited I am for you and for all of the wondermint that there is to be discovered by newly striding feet! You have been a joy to watch throughout the last twelve months... I am witness to the happiness that you provide to those around you on a daily basis. You, sweet boy, are defiantly atop the Nice list this year. I hope that you enjoy the gifts that I chose for you, seeing as I didn't have much guidance... I understand though that you have a healthy appetite and so from one food enthusiast to another, enjoy the treats Mrs. Clause included for you... Enjoy each day of the year to come, as so much is in store for you.... Go as far as your little feet will take you, although take the time to slow down every once in awhile and sit in the warmth of a hug or a tickle... Please know how very much your family loves you...


Thank you both for the wonderful cookies and milk that I found after coming though your chimney... What a treat! The reindeer appreciated the food as well, they were in need of a good snack...

I wish for you both this year,the very Merriest Christmas possible... May you enjoy unwrapping your gifts and playing with your toys... Although, please remember this....


The greatest gift that you have both been given is each other. Brotherhood is no doubt the greatest gift of all. The ability to have another person in your life to share your greatest moments as well as greatest hardships. An equal, a confidant, a partner in all that you do. Your flesh and blood, your forever friend...your brother. Take care of one another and love each other the way only brothers can.


Merry Christmas to two of the finest boys I know...


Love Always, Santa Claus