So get this. I started reading ElisaLou about a year ago. I stumbeled upon it as I was scouring the internet for a fashionable cover for my camera strap. In one false swoop I found the camera strap, a huge source of inspiration and an enjoyable place to retreat to in the midst of my own hectic life... I love Elisa's photography, her images leave me inspired and reaching for my own camera. I love her simple and honest narratives of every day life. I love that she felt that she had room in both her heart and her home for more than her husband, dogs and three boys, and decided to adopt and add a baby girl into the mix. I love the color, the fabric, the texture and the beauty of her creations. The accumulation is stunning, take a peek for yourself...
1. How did you choose the name of your business and or blog?My name is Elisa but my dad has always called me Lou. When it came time to name my business it seemed like the perfect idea to combine the two.
2. What inspires you?Color. I love it. I look for it everywhere. I love being inspired by other artists. I recently attended the Country Living Fair and came home so refreshed and ready to dive back into more projects. I also have a huge love of photography, my major in college.
3. Favorite day of the week/why?Friday. Time to relax.
4. Greatest influence?I wish I could list them all, but truly I am inspired by so many people- and not just the crafty ones. I think I am inspired by every single person in my life, in one way or another.
5. Earliest childhood memory?At the beach, with my little plastic camera. I wish I had still had it!
6. When did you know that you were ready to embark on creating your own business?After the birth of my first child, I knew that I would be my own boss. There was no going back.
7. When was the last time that you laughed until your belly hurt?Last night at a cookout with friends
8. When was the last time that you cried?A few minutes ago while watching a movie on HBO
9. How old were you when you gave birth to your first child?27
10. Everyday must have?Coffee
11. Most treasured item?For work- my industrial sewing machine. For everyday life- my camera
12. Hopes for your future in both business and your personal life?I hope that I can continue to do what I love. I have 4 kids that are my number one priority, my biz always takes 2nd place.
13. Advise for others who might be contemplating following their dreams?I know everyone says the same thing but you really just need to believe in yourself. I have also learned that you really really have to love what you do, or it just won't work.
14. Chocolate... Dark, Light or white?dark
15. Middle name?Kiser (my maiden name