Sunday, June 14, 2009

Corks

I decided that today was a good day for packing.... The energy and might comes and goes... It was with me today. I decided to pack a box full of items that I love to have around for thier asthetic quality, but that I wont be needing any time soon.  
One of the items that I wrapped and stuck away was a glass cylinder full of wine corks... Full to the brim actually.  
When Anthony and I moved into this house four years ago, I thought that it would be fun to collect the wine corks that we obtained, as opposed to throwing them out.  I bought a glass container and over the years, the corks have multiplied. 
I love thinking back upon the different bottles of wine that we have  consumed...
Some of the  bottles were shared with friends and family, while others were savored alone... 
Some bottles were drank in celebration, some in mourning... 
Champagne corks;one from the morning of our wedding, four from the last four New Years Eve's... 
Fine wines, cheap wines, red wines, white wines... 
Corks!
Corks that remind us of the events that have filled the last four years of our lives... A glass jar once empty and now full... Spilling over, plentiful, hard to contain, multiplied, growth... Maybe these corks are a metaphor of a life changed with years gone by... Beautiful abundance... Cheers.

No comments: