Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Card Prayers
















I have a huge amount of love and admiration for the Christmas card.... This is my favorite time of year in terms of mail box checking, because I love, love, love opening the Christmas cards that we receive... I generally hold onto the cards year after year, they are always fun to pull out and remember the years past, what children used to look like and how far we all have come... Although this year, I am starting a new tradition in our home... As the cards trickle in, I am going to place them all into this basket and each night at the dinner table we will have Sebastian choose a card from the basket. We will have an opportunity to both pray for and reminisce about the family who sent us the card chosen... I love this idea, because it is another way to highlight and appreciate the families around us that make our lives so full.... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Where do you get them all?
xoxo, Nana

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

what a great idea! i'm looking through your archives, btw. :-) you have the best ideas and cutest photos!