Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day Thirteen

This is a sight to behold... Sweet baby Brooklyn and my most beloved childhood doll, Cathy... I specifically remember one day soon after receiving Cathy as a gift, crying and being very upset... My mother asked me what was wrong and I told her that I loved Cathy so very much and that I was thinking about how miserable I would be without her...  How sad and hurt I would have been if she were to have been someone else's baby and not mine... A deep and instinctive love for my baby doll, hmmm... How funny to think that this little doll that I loved so very much back then would be loved by my son, Brooklyn.  I think that he likes her because of her small size... He likes to pull her around our bedroom floor and smiles each time he sees her... I am glad that he enjoys her company, as I know that she is a wonderful friend, and that I enjoyed her companionship years ago...

No comments: