Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Afternoon Delight

Let me set the scene... It is the middle of the afternoon... Lunch has been both served and cleaned up... Brooklyn has been botteled and tucked into his bed for an afternoons nap.

Sebastian and I take it upon ourselves to enjoy an afternoon of board games, Halloween candy and hot popcorn. We laugh... We have a chance to talk, like only a four year old and his mother can... We confess our love for one another, and for candy corn...

He wins...

He wins again...

Incredibly special are these afternoon pockets of time with my big, big, boy... A chance for us to reconnect as mother and son, friend and ally... These are the greatest moments of my life... These are the moments I will look back and remember... Simple.

I love this boy more than I will ever be able to convey.





























No comments: