Monday, August 18, 2008

Perfect Balance


While flipping through the pages of my Cookie Magazine a few months back, I couldn't help but be taken by the picture of a very cute sneaker... I, who have always been a fan of the New Balance brand was surprised, yet happy to see that their company had joined forces with Sesame Street, to create this darling line of children's shoes!  I waited patiently until the day that the shoes were released into stores here in the US, and snatched up a pair for my shoe loving four year old!  He went with me to pick the pair that he wanted... Each pair cute in their own regard... Elmo, Cookie Monster or Oscar The Grouch... He chose Oscar the Grouch and I couldn't have been more pleased with his selection! A few of my favorite details of the sneaker are as follows... I love the furry lining on the tongue of the shoe, probably close to the actual texture of Oscar's fur coat!  I love the colors of the shoe, and the icons placed about the shoe in such a way that they don't scream "character shoe!" Lastly, and most importantly, I love that these are well made, supportive shoes that Sebastian is likely to wear throughout the school year.  A percentage of the cost of the shoe is donated to Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization behind Sesame Street and so much more!  We are more than happy to contribute!  These shoes are a perfect balance between form, function and fun!

No comments: