Sunday, August 24, 2008

Farmers Market

I am so glad that I took my camera with me to the farmers market yesterday, this is something that I have been meaning to do for so long...really a long, long time!  I have been a frequent customer at our local farmers' market for longer than I can remember now... Each Saturday morning, I find my way back to the fresh produce and lovely flowers that are grown locally;picked each week by the same sweet faces that have been selling their goods to our family for years...
I have a favorite vendor, I won't name names, but I met her when Sebastian was in infant; and throughout years of Saturday mornings, she has had the unique opportunity to watch him grow, and grow... She also saw me weekly throughout me pregnancy with Brooklyn, and of cource has the pleasure of knowing him now!  She welcomes us each week with a big hello, and always has a little something put aside for my boys... A few grapes, a slice of watermelon... whatever it be, they are glad recipients, and she is a wonderful part of our Saturday mornings each and every week!  I love strolling around the farmers market seeing old familiar faces and each week, new faces as well... I love being able to support the local growers and also love knowing that the fruits and vegetables that we purchase there are pesticide free and hand harvested... There s a heavenly coffee cart at the market as well, serving up the hottest, freshest organic coffee around! A touch of steamed soy... pure bliss!  Another weekly must have item is the one and only squash blossom quesadilla... These are so good, the line is usually quite long, although the smell of the fresh tortillas warming of the grill is just too delicious to resist!  Very yummy and well worth the wait! ( See that picture below... I had already eaten half of my quesadilla before I remembered to photograph it! Oops..sorry!)  The beautiful flowers are so hard to choose from... which should I bring into our home this week? No matter what the season, there is always something beautiful to decorate your home with... I love bringing the flowers home and preparing them in vases throughout the house... the colors and aroma make me so happy throughout the week and keep me looking forward to returning the the farmers market the following Saturday...




No comments: