Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shoe Box Love



Here is a little diddy I made for Sebastian Tuesday night... I know, I know, this is what I do when I have the night to myself??? Papa was away overnight working, Sebastian spent the night at Nana's house and Brooklyn was sound asleep by 6:00pm... This made for a long night... So after watching every episode of Home Sweet Hollywood and eating an entire pint of ice cream, I decided to do something a little more productive!  Here is what I ended up doing... While looking through the current Land Of Nod catalog, I was inspired to cut it into little pieces and build a back to school themed-shoe box diorama, to surprise Sebastian with! I don't think that you can really appreciate it in all of it's 3-D glory from the picture I snapped of it yesterday;but let me tell you... with the help of my hot glue gun and some tooth picks, it makes quite the effect!  I really enjoyed doing this, especially adding the little embellishments; such as the pennant flags, the paper chain and the little pieces of yarn that I used as scarves, for Mr. Duck and Mr. Pig to wear throughout the new school year!  He loved his surprise, I actually surprised myself with this one too! Also snapped yesterday, a bonus for you...  a picture of the devine, Miss. Bella Blue!

No comments: