Friday, July 11, 2008

Watercolor Bookmarks!

This is actually an update to a former post... Sebastian had water colored some really beautiful designs a few months ago and I decided to take the pieces of paper that he had painted on and make them into bookmarks!  I simply cut the painting into multiple sections, and then glued them onto a piece of black scrapbook paper... I used a paper cutter to make sure that the lines were nice and straight and then cut up the black paper into long strips... I decided to make a few different sizes of bookmarks, for different sizes of books, kid sized books need smaller bookmarks than adult sized books!  I cut them according to size and then punched a hole in the top of each one.  Next I fed a little piece of ribbon through each hole and affixed a button to each just for fun... you can never have enough buttons!  We had a great time giving these out to the avid readers in our lives, and even more fun sticking some in Sebastian's  most treasured books,where they hold our place each night, and remind us where to start again the next!

No comments: